(Diagnostic by Denso Toyota/Lexus Intelligent Tester II)
On this RX400h (MHU38) after diagnostic all System, Tester found these DTC.
In Engine: DTC P3193 (Fuel Run out ;-)
In Hybrid System: DTC P0A0F (Engine failed to Start)
In Body ECU: DTC B1242 (Wireless Door Lock Tuner)
AFS* Lamp flashes :-(
In Memory this ECU read DTCs:
B2414 (Steering Position Sensor Malfunction)
Trouble Area: Steering sensor; Harness or connector; AFS ECU
B2421 (Steering Neutral Point Automatic Correction Incompletion)
Trouble Area: Steering sensor; Harness or connector; Skid Control ECU; AFS ECU
*Adaptive Front Lighting System
VSC* Lamp is ON.
In ABS/VSC/TRC/ stored DTC C1231 (Steering Angle Sensor Circuit Malfunction)
Trouble Area: Steering angle sensor or it circuit; Steering angle sensor power supply; Skid control ECU
*Vehicle Stability/Skid Control
After repair need do Initialize the Steering Sensor Signal.
The Info is ALL! The Problems were solved by using TSIB No.PD015-05. This rex again like a new :-)
** INSPECTION MODE PROCEDURE
HINT: Before performing the DATA LIST and ACTIVE TEST of the engine with the intelligent tester, be sure to put the system into the inspection mode using the following procedures.
RX400h ACTIVATING INSPECTION MODE
Perform the following steps (1) through (4) in 60 seconds.
(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(2) Fully depress the accelerator pedal twice with the transmission in the P position.
(3) Fully depress the accelerator pedal twice with the transmission in the N position.
(4) Fully depress the accelerator pedal twice with the transmission in the P position.
(5) Check that "FWD MAINTENANCE MODE" appears on the multi-information display and the master warning light is illuminated in the combination meter.
(6) Start the engine.
Idle Speed Control (ISC) Learning Procedure for RH400h (fr. of TSB EG 018-06 RX400h)
It is important to perform the ISC Learning procedure anytime the 12-volt battery is disconnected or the voltage falls below 7 volts. This procedure allows the I.C. (internal combustion) Engine to relearn its optimal idle speed during the initial engine warm-up cycle or charging the HV battery. If this procedure is NOT performed, the following customer complaints may occur:
- Engine runs too long or more frequently than normal
- Reduced fuel economy
- Transmission gear “clatter” noise at idle is more pronounced
In the Diagnostic Tester, the current state of ISC Learning status can only be accessed through the following path:
DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / USER DATA / ISC LEARNING
ISC Learning value identifies the current status of ISC Learning and is expressed as either “COMPL” (complete) or “INCOMP” (incomplete).
Each time the ignition is cycled to the “OFF” position, ISC Learning value will show “INCOMP” until the engine completes its initial startup/shutdown. The following procedure should be used to verify the current status of the ISC Learning:
1. Drive the vehicle until the engine reaches operating temperature 158F (70C) (can be accessed through the Diagnostic Tester with the menu items:
DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / PRIMARY / COOLANT TEMP).
2. Park the vehicle and turn the ignition OFF.
3. Access the ISC LEARNING data parameter (DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / USER DATA / ISC LEARNING).
4. Turn the ignition key back to “READY ON”.
5. Wait for the engine to start and run through its initial startup cycle and shut off.
6. Observe the ISC Learning status.
If the vehicle shows “INCOMP” after initial engine shutdown in step 5, then the ISC Initialization Procedure should be performed.
1. Select the following menu items:
DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / PRIMARY / COOLANT TEMP
2. Check that the engine coolant temperature is 181.4F (83C) or more.
If the engine coolant temperature is below 181.4F (83C), start the engine by depressing the accelerator pedal with the shift lever in the “P” position to increase the coolant temperature.
3. Select the following menu items: Powertrain/Hybrid Control/Data List/Calculate Load.
4. Move the shift lever to "D" position while depressing the brake pedal with the LEFT foot.
5. Depress the accelerator pedal with the right foot while firmly depressing the brake pedal with the left foot, and maintain an engine load value of 45% or more (60 – 70%) of full acceleration) for approximately 30 seconds.
NOTE: Do NOT perform this step for more than 40 seconds.
6. Shift the lever to the “P” position. Turn the ignition switch OFF and then wait for 5 seconds before putting the vehicle into the “READY ON” state again.
7. Select the following menu items:
DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / USER DATA / ISC LEARNING.
8. Check that the air conditioner is OFF. Lightly depress the accelerator pedal and release it when the engine starts.
9. Check that “COMPLETE” is displayed on the Diagnostic Tester screenHINT:
- If “ISC LEARNING” is NOT completed within 1 minute, repeat steps 5 – 8.
- The engine will usually stop when the “ISC LEARNING” is completed. However, the engine will NOT stop even when the “ISC LEARNING” is completed in such cases where the charge level of the auxiliary battery is decreased.